St Andrews Church Finally Re-opens

St. Andrews Church, Hartburn was officially re-opened by the Rt Reverend Martin Wharton, Bishop of Newcastle, on Sunday 23rd September following the completion of extensive internal refurbishment works, which included the introduction of one of the first geothermal underfloor heating installations in the Newcastle diocese.

At the re-opening service, Kinetic were given a particular mention by the Churches project manager Michael Spriggs, for working closely with the Church Architect Spence and Dower, to deliver a successful and extremely delicate refurbishment of a Grade 1 listed church, parts of which pre date the Norman conquest of 1066.

The re-opening concluded a project which started four years ago for Kinetic, and which included significant works to the historic church including the replacement of the existing heating system and main electric supply, and the introduction of new disabled accesses, storage space, disabled toilet facilities, and servery area.